Today, I am a year older. I thank God for bringing me thus far. I have learnt a lot of things and the more I learn, I find out I am yet to scratch the surface of endless opportunities that abound for me. I’ve had some wins and some losses, I have had some highs and some lows and to be honest, it has seemed like I should have given up a whole lot of times but then I have learnt to keep on holding on through it all. Let me share some of the things I learnt and still learning and some of the things I have learnt from some people I look up to:
- To take corrections and take responsibility for my choices (although this is an everyday process and not one-off)
- Life comes at you fast sometimes and you cannot fully prepare for it in some cases.
- Stretch myself beyond myself.
- Value and nurture relationships.
- Don’t allow your focus for the future make you fail to enjoy the moment.
- Develop your skill. It may come in handy someday.
- Listen! Listen!! Listen!!!
- Separate emotions from work. Never allow it cloud your judgment.
- Put in your best wherever you find yourself.
- GOD is always there no matter how far He seems.
These and many more have I learned, and I pray to keep on learning for the day a man stops learning, he starts dying for there is nothing more for him to offer again. I hope not to be that man in my new year and the years to come.
(c) Chukwudi I.